Some people experience soreness for a couple of days after a treatment – this is a normal response of the body and it enables healing. It can signify an increase in blood flow to strained areas and the mobilization and removal of toxins.
To get the most from your osteopathic consultation, follow these easy guidelines:
- Drink plenty of water. This will help flush toxins from your system.
- Sometimes a hot bath or shower after treatment helps relax muscles – ask your Osteopath if this is appropriate for you.
- Keep moving – avoid sitting for long periods and have several short walks in the following few days after treatment unless otherwise advised by your practitioner.
It is best to rest from vigorous activity for 1 to 2 days following treatment. This includes lifting weights in the gym or heavy gardening work. Patients are often able to time their treatment to coincide with a period of rest. If this is not possible, treatment can still be effective but please let your Osteopath know what your activity requirements will be.
Try to have extra awareness around your posture, especially for a few days following treatment.
If you have any questions please talk to your practitioner.
- It is not uncommon to be a little sore after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Ask your Osteopath if a hot shower or bath will help you.
- Keep moving with gentle exercise.
- Rest from vigorous exercise for at least 1 to 2 days after treatment.
- Try to be more aware about your posture.
Again, if you have any questions please ask your practitioner.
Have any questions or want to make a booking?