Osteopaths pride themselves on their expertise using hands-on techniques.
Our treatment methods are considered one of the safest and most gentle amongst all medical professions that treat back pain, injuries and other health concerns.
A typical consultation includes comprehensive history taking, a thorough examination, hands-on treatment based on our renowned holistic Osteopathic principles, and advice on further management of your condition which could include stretching, strengthening, and posture and lifestyles changes.
We use a range of gentle treatment techniques which include:
- Deep tissue massage
- Articulation / mobilization – the movement of joints to restore functioning
- Manipulation – a quick but gentle form of mobilization
- Fascial Release – deeper unwinding techniques
- Functional – holding and balancing of individual joints or whole structures
- Osteopathy in the Cranial Field / Biodynamic Approach – gentle release of all structures using the fluid forces of the body.
All techniques aim to restore movement to areas of the body identified as being tight and restricted in movement. This enables the body to function at its optimal level which in turn allows healing to occur.
Who can benefit from treatment?
People seek osteopathic treatment most commonly for muscloskeletal problems such as:
Headaches and Migraines
- Postural and/or mobility problems
- Back and neck pain
- Joint and muscular pain
- Sports injuries
- Injuries from work or road accidents
Treatment can also help:
- Breathing difficulties such as asthma
- Digestive problems
- Gynecological problems
Lowered immune response after illness.